Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Nights Are So Lonely

I usually get through the day just fine.  I'm lucky enough to have a job that keeps me pretty busy all day, so my mind just doesn't have time to wander off and think about things.  I'm also very lucky in that I have an amazing boss that keeps me laughing most of the day, so even when I do allow my mind to go to a sad place it doesn't stay there for long.  But then I get home, make some sort of meal (usually a pbj sandwich, because lets face it...cooking for 1 sucks!), sit down on the couch, and finally realize how lonely I am.  I say that one of the best things about being single is being able to sleep diagonally in the bed (it was also one of the things that I loved while the ex was deployed!), but truth is I really miss laying in bed talking about my day before drifting off to sleep.  The nights are just so lonely.

And, as I sit here typing these words I can't help but feel like this is a song...The nights are so lonely, and the days are so hard?  days are so sad?  Dang it!  Now I'm off to google these words and see if I can figure out if I'm now losing my mind, too!

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Evenings/Nights used to be my favorite time. Curled up watching TV, or talking about the day..it's what I miss most. Chin up! I have a feeling it won't last much longer.

    BTW, if it's NOT a song, you should totally write one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- now this song is circling in my head over and over again. I won't complain. Its a good song even if its incredibly sad

    ReplyDelete