Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Want To Talk About Me...

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like talking about you, you, you, you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about me
-I Wanna Talk About Me, by Toby Keith


Ok, maybe not necessarily talk about me, but it is time that I make things about me.  Its time to make things about what I think, what I like, what I know, what I WANT!  I'm done being put second, or third, or fourth.  I'm done being told what I think, being told what I deserve.  I'm done being told how I can or should feel, or how I should handle a situation.

It is way past time that I make myself my number one priority.  No more focusing on should I make my marriage work, should I move on.  Before I got married I had a Bucket List of sorts.  It was my 25 before I turn 25.  I think I crossed one or two things off of that list before I "fell in love," and trashed the idea.  I don't remember very many things on the list, but I'm starting a new one...30 Before 30.  I have 14 months to accomplish 30 things that I've always wanted to do.  So....I guess I need to get on this list.  Any suggestions?

Edited to say:

Number 1 on the list?  To buy a ridiculously expensive pair of shoes (the highest, cutest pair of heels I can find!)...and feel no guilt, no matter how much they cost!

3 comments:

  1. Skydiving, New York/New Jersey, The Grand Canyon, Vegas, Skiing!!!! Give me time, I'll come up with more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't ever go wrong with high heels. :)

    ReplyDelete